We at CPRE Essex are very clear in our purpose and ambitions. We aim to protect the county from inappropriate development, creating a sustainable and attractive future for this very special county.
We look to ensure that the rich heritage of Essex, its character and sense of place are not diluted or homogenised by poor development and we seek solutions for developers and local authorities at all times.
We have campaigned against many ill-considered proposals and have helped to ensure the Essex countryside remains as beautiful and productive for future generations as it has been in the past.
The role is varied and wide-ranging, but we can summarise our mission here.
1. CPRE Essex seeks to ensure the survival of our county’s landscapes and heritage and to celebrate is special features.
2. CPRE Essex aims to protect the county from inappropriate developments, wherever they threaten.
3. CPRE Essex looks to give constructive criticism to developers and local authorities to ensure all development in the county is sustainable for future generations.
4. CPRE Essex aims to provide creative and innovative solutions to problems of development in the county.
5. Our focus is on rural issues, but we believe in protecting our county holistically and also look at planning issues in primarily urban environments.
6. We aim to ensure our county’s future through lobbying local government and expert use of the planning system.